If You Want To Know How To Change Your Minecraft Name, You Have Come To The Right Place…
The Popularity Of Minecraft
Minecraft is a hugely popular game that has taken the world by storm and caused Microsoft to purchase it for $2.5 billion. The secret to its popularity lies in the fact that the game is embraced by kids while being endorsed by their parents, unlike many of the other games on the market. The engaging and educational properties of the game make it an attractive pastime.
Why Change Your Minecraft Name
Part of the appeal of playing Minecraft is having a unique, creative name. Users want to stand out with a fun and humorous user name. If you’ve played the game for a while, you may be due for a name change to get your gaming juices flowing.
How To Change Your Minecraft Name In 10 Easy Steps
- Go to the Mojang site. Go to the Mojang site.
- Click ‘Account’ in the upper right of the page.
- Click ‘Log in’ on the upper right. You may not need to do this if you are already logged in.
- Enter your login information as asked and click ‘Log in’ near the bottom.
- Look for the “Profile Name” section around the middle of the page.
- Click the link that says ‘Change’ just to the right of your username.
- Type in a new profile name.
- Check availability by clicking on the button to the right of the profile name text field. It will tell you whether the name you want is available or not.
- Enter your password as asked.
- Click Change name at the bottom of the page.
After changing your name, you won’t be able to do so again for another 30 days.
Keep in mind that your old name will be available for 7 days in which you can change it back if you choose to. We all have second thoughts, right?
Wanting to change your Minecraft name goes with the territory. For a game that was almost named “Cave Game,” name changing is a part of the game itself. So, put your thinking cap on and come up with the coolest name possible. Have fun!
Check out more of our how to blog posts!