In 2019, no video game is bigger than Fortnite. Fortnite is a Battle Royale style game in which up to 100 players are airdropped onto a map, where they must battle until only one survives. Players can scrounge up weapons, resources and vehicles to help them take out the other players and win the game.
Fortnite has become such a massive hit by combining the adrenaline-pumping action of shooter games with some of the construction elements of games like Minecraft, as well as by featuring colorful and engaging graphics.
If you’re a Fortnite player, at some point you want to change your display name. This guide will teach you how to change your name in Fortnite.
Changing your Fortnite Name
There are a number of reasons you might want to change the name display for your Fortnite character. It might be for the sake of novelty, just wanting some kind of change of scenery. You may decide you no longer like your original name. You may even want to avoid certain players with whom you have bad history under the current name.
Regardless of your reasoning, a Fortnite name change is simple and quick to execute.
To change your Fortnite name follow these steps:
- You’ll first have to log into your Epic account. Epic is the launcher through which you can play Fortnite. In fact, your Fortnite name is actually your Epic display name.
- Once you’ve logged in, you’ll see your current display name in the bottom left corner, and if you right click you’ll see an option called ‘Manage Account’. Click that, and you’ll be taken to a screen with a handful of fields.
- One of the fields is ‘DISPLAY NAME’. This is the name you want to change. Simply type the new name you’d like to replace the old one, scroll to the bottom, and save your changes.
- When you do so, you’ll be prompted to confirm that you’d like to change your display name. Re-type the new name into the required field and hit ‘OK’. Your name is now changed.
There are a couple of useful notes here:
- First of all, you can only change your name once every two weeks.
- If you pick a name you immediately regret, you’re stuck with it for at least a couple weeks, so choose with care.
- Second, when you change the name, it won’t show up immediately in your Epic account display. You’ll need to log out then log in again to see the change.
Fortnite is one of the most addictive games in years. In fact, in online polling a whopping 35% of players have admitted to skipping class to play Fortnite, with another 20% saying they’ve skipped out on work to play.
Hopefully, this guide has been helpful to you as you enjoy one of the biggest and best-loved games on the market today.
You can also see how to change your Minecraft name here…